Wednesday, 8 January 2014

HAPPY NEW FRUGAL YEAR!

Well, the old year is over and the new year begins! Even more frugality is probably needed though! 
My Year Of Not Spending is over. I'm not not spending - if that makes any sense! But I'm thinking long and hard about what I really need, not what I want - and I have a goal in mind as, for various important reasons, I really need to get my mortgage paid off sooner rather than later! 
So, this year I'm going to concentrate on doing a bit of everything - bit of saving (i.e cash into savings account), a bit of overpaying on my mortgage, a bit of frugal cookery (I spent a bit too much on food in December - who didn't?), a bit of creativity (what can I make, what can I sell, how can I bring in some more cash?), a bit of cost neutral spending (using reward points to pay for as much as possible), a lot more gardening (whilst not spending too much on it) and a lot more allotment growing for more veg, veg, veg (and some fruit) as I need my allotment to be more cost effective! 
I'm also back on the 5:2 fasting diet having had a 2 week break over Christmas and the New Year (when I put on 5lb!) so exercise is also going to feature large in my daily routine! This will not be in the form of expensive gym memberships or spending on cute exercise gear, oh no, not me - I'm walking (for at least 40 minutes at a time) and putting on some dance music and dancing about the house (again 40 minutes) and hoovering - yes, hoovering! When you vacuum the house you burn about 230 calories per hour - definitely makes it worthwhile doing that housework! And all that exercise is for free!
Phew! Got my whole year mapped out then!

No comments: