Sunday, 9 June 2013

MAKE YOUR OWN FREE PLANT LABELS

If you're anything like me, your plant labels get trodden on and broken each year which means you have fewer and fewer (and I seem to need more and more!)! I resent paying out for these little pieces of white plastic that get buried deep or smashed - or just plain disappear, so I've made my own this year from small drinking yogurt bottles.
You need a clean empty yogurt container and a pair of tough scissors - I happen to have some old kitchen scissors that do the job nicely. 
  • Cut into the neck ring and then cut it off.
  • Cut down to the base several times to create even sized strips - don't go too narrow as the plastic is a little flimsy, so the wider your labels are, the better.
  • Cut off your strips where they join the base and remove any decal plastic (it should just pull off).
  • Cut points at one end - done!
 
You will need a permanent marker to write on the plastic - I used a pen that writes on CDs.
One small pot makes 4 labels, they're quite flexible so won't break easily and, as we have at least one of these pots each day, we'll always have a plentiful supply!

No comments: