Wednesday, 9 January 2013

MORE ON MY YEAR OF NOT SPENDING...

Well, despite a bit of a rough start, my YONS is going quite well; no spending on the 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th!! And none today - hint: stay home unless you absolutely HAVE to go to the shops!
I fell off the YONS wagon yesterday and couldn't resist a scarf in a charity shop (£2.50) as it was a colour I'd been looking for for about a year and I also found a very necessary reel of cotton thread to shorten my curtains (0.50) - but I'm still positive, because I know what I've spent - and it's not much.
And there I think is the most important part - the knowing. Just the simple act of recording everything I spend is keeping that spending to an absolute minimum. To me a day without spending is another "saving day" - towards my goal, which is to have a fair amount of my salary left at the end of the month!
Happy YONS!

No comments: