Friday, 14 September 2012

RANDOM MONEY-SAVING TIP NUMBER 19

Research!
This is just like planning your meals before you do your food shop, but this research can be about anything you buy.
I needed some of my usual eye cream recently and was horrified to see how much it had gone up in price since the last time I had bought it - so I Googled it to see what it costs in all the major high street retailers and, yes, guess what they were all within a few pence of each other on price (£9.95- £10.20), however, another result showed a seller on Ebay listing my cream for £4.50 + £1.00 p&p! 
Of course I checked out the seller's feedback and made sure they were a genuine supplier - done! And for around half the price of anywhere near me! My cream was with me in 2 days - no problem.
I now Google a lot of fairly common items that I buy for the home, especially if they are priced around £5 or more. This has resulted in me buying my coffee and my fabric softener from Amazon and even, once, my toilet rolls! And these were all delivered post free. 
Don't forget, mysupermarket.com also shows supermarket prices of Asda, Sainsburys, Waitrose, Tesco and Ocado to help with your comparisons.
Prices are going up and wages aren't - it pays to do your research!
Catch up with all the Random Money-Saving Tips so far...

No comments: