- Don't keep "rinsing" cups etc under a running tap. Save all your washing up and (if you don't have a dishwasher) do it all once a day.
- If you do have a dishwasher use the eco wash if you can, and don't put it on unless it's full.
- Always fill your washing machine - half loads waste water and energy.
- Never run your hot tap down the sink until the water is hot. Keep a litre jug by the sink and run the water into this until it runs warm - you will be amazed at how much you collect. Use this as you carry on washing to cool any too-hot water, and water your plants with any left over as before.
- Shower rather than bathe- a 5 minute shower uses one third less water than a shower.
- Take less time in the shower - for every minute less, spent in the shower, you can save around 3285 litres of water per year!
- Water your garden with a watering can - not a hose, and invest in a water barrel or two to collect the water from your downpipes when it rains. This will save you money in the first year of use.
Such a gas bag
13 hours ago