Saturday, 7 January 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Happy New Year to all you frugal people (and everyone else of course) and I hope the new year finds you not too badly in debt after the Christmas festivities! If you've already made frugal New Year resolutions - then I salute you - I'm still considering mine! 
I think I may just carry on like last year, but here is what I'm thinking for the coming year:

  • I won't borrow money (actually I haven't for years- I've gone without or saved for what I needed) - other people's money is expensive.
  • I will try to save more.
  • I will pay more attention to the money I do have - check interest rates at least once a year and move, move, move my savings if I can find better.
  • I will up my income - find more work, sell more stuff on Ebay, use whatever skills I have to earn extra cash.
  • I will compare prices on everything I have to spend money on.
  • I will buy well, not often and do my research before spending anything
  • I will cook more, plan better and buy my groceries smarter.
  • I will take more time to enjoy my hobbies!
Oh dear, that's quite a lot for someone who wasn't going to make any resolutions- but I'll try to keep to them - that's the main thing!
Let me know if you have any good ideas for frugal New Year resolutions!






No comments: