Tuesday, 17 May 2011

WASH YOUR CLOTHES IN HAIR CONDITIONER!

Yes, you really can make fabric conditioner from hair conditioner! And it's so much cheaper.
1.5l of Tesco Concentrated Fabric Conditioner is £1.93 (at 13p per 100ml just about the cheapest around)), but Tesco Value hair conditioner is 5p per 100ml and
Tesco Smooth Conditioner (with some nice smells) is 10p per 100ml. This works out so much cheaper when diluted as a fabric softener.
After much research on the net, I found that a dilution of 1 part hair conditioner to 10 parts water was the norm. I tried this and it didn't really work as it was a bit watery, so I make mine 1 part hair conditioner to 6-7 parts water- use any small container to measure out into a big bottle, screw the cap on, shake well and there you have it- great fabric conditioner (I can't see any difference to actual fabric conditioner in my washing).
However, I did notice something really useful - with a mixture made from hair conditioner I DON'T get a build up of black mould in the conditioner dispenser of my washing machine, whereas with fabric conditioner I do.
Bonus!

No comments: