Tuesday, 17 May 2011

CHICKEN FOR 3 DAYS!

We had a roast chicken on Sunday, some more chopped up with pasta and salad last night and I WAS going to curry the rest tonight. I say WAS, because I have a bowl of home-made potato salad in the fridge which I made on Saturday and forgot to serve twice (don't ask!) - so we have to have salad tonight again - don't think potato salad goes with curry somehow!

So- I've fished out two ancient, wrinkly green peppers out of the bottom of the fridge, added a few cloves of garlic, a chopped onion, a chopped piece of fennel I bought reduced for 22p on the way home last night (had to buy salad leaves- mine in the garden haven't grown big enough yet) mixed it with some oil left over from a pot of olives and roasted the whole lot in the oven. When it's done I'm going to mix with the last morsels of chicken and a tin of Ratatouile and layer it with lasagne to serve with salad tonight - plus the potato salad! If I remember, that is...
Happy frugal eating!

No comments: