Friday, 11 February 2011

AND WHAT HAVE I DONE THIS WEEK TO SAVE MONEY?

What have I done this week to save money? Well, I'm afraid not very much. It's not been a great week for me one way and another and life, with all its intransigencies, has got in the way of my moneysaving.
The only thing I have done (or can remember doing) to save money this week, was to switch off the microwave at the wall plug. That little clock goes on ticking 24/7 and who needs it? How many clocks do we need in a kitchen? So now the microwave is off unless we want to cook with it. May be only a small saving, but it's a saving that's going on day in, day out, month in, month out, year in...well you get the picture.

Edit - just remembered- on Friday I made lunch from some of those "biscuits for cheese" we never ate at Christmas and some Gouda cheese that we never ate at Christmas, either! I am here to report that it was all delicious and I have suffered no ill effects! More money saved!
Let's hope I can do better next week!

No comments: