Saturday, 2 August 2008

IT'S AUGUST- START THINKING ABOUT CHRISTMAS!

Yes - it really is only 145 days to Christmas! This means that if you haven't started saving, buying and planning yet - you'd better get going. Here's some tips:
  • the charity shops are fairly quiet in my neighbourhood at the moment - so I'm looking for really new quality children's books for nieces and nephews. You can find them (especially board books) but you have to be fussy and check every page looking for marks or tears.
  • my plum tree is bearing fruit now - I may just start to make jam, put it in pretty jars and add it to gift hampers for those older relatives who always say they don't want (or need) anything!
  • a few sportswear shops seem to be having their everlasting summer "sales"- I've already bought several packs of reduced (but heavy quality) sports socks for my sons' Christmas stockings!
  • the supermarket just had some luxury hand wash on a buy one get one one free offer and I just couldn't resist - of course I know I shouldn't, but I'm keeping one for me!
  • Check your supermarket and chemist regularly for BOGOFs on things like shower and hair gel - all good stocking fillers.
  • I've just been to a charity shop that sells a range of new jewellery, key charms and hair ornaments and saw that they have the whole range reduced to half price - bearing in mind they were very reasonable to begin with, these are really great bargains for presents.
  • Lastly, don't get fed up and think it's miserable to have to watch the pennies - Christmas is just 2 days before which we spend too much, during which we eat too much and after which we wish we hadn't!
Merry Christmas Shopping!



Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

festival said...

This post has been included in the 141st Festival of Frugality at Almost Frugal, going live September 2, 2008. Please make sure to link back to the Festival and or submit it to sites like Digg, Stumble Upon, PF Buzz etc. Thanks for participating!